April 01, 2009

April Fool's

This morning both boys were in the kitchen.  G was in the pantry - his favorite place to be, and N was eating breakfast.  I told them that their dad and I had made some decisions last night. Given the state of affairs around our house, that is no small statement and I immediately had their full attention. 

I stood there with my serious face on and told them that we decided it was in their best interest to go to summer school this summer.

"WHAT???"

"WHY???"

Well, because it will give you guys a jump on next year so we are signing you up.

They both immediately burst into tears and G said something along the lines of "you are ruining my summer".  I quickly told them "April Fool's" and G wrapped his arms around me so relieved it wasn't true.

I have to admit, I felt a little bit bad about it.  The other side of me was very proud of my cleverness......until I went to take a shower and realized that every one of my hair products had been removed from the shower and put in some unknown place.  

Those little boys are much more clever than they look.  And I had to go to Bible study with hair that had not been washed since Saturday night.  Seriously.  It's Wednesday - you do the math.

What makes it better, is that one of my friends actually complimented me on my hair today.  Isn't life funny?

1 comment:

  1. My goodness they come by it honestly don't they. Must be their dad in them:) Praying for this weekend. Knowing Christ will show up & show off. Looking forward to the good report!

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative