May 04, 2012

Does This Remind You Of Anything?

By 8:00 a.m. this morning, I was dressed in a skirt, wearing makeup and accessories, and seated in a beautifully decorated living room with 20 other people listening to two very smart men talk politics.  I sat and nodded when appropriate, chuckled when others did, and pretended to actually follow the diatribe on foreign policy.  

Folks, I was not the sharpest tool in the shed this morning.  I wasn't even IN the shed.  There was banter about North Korea and China and Polland and Russia.  I do know where all those places are located but am I fluent in their politics?  Uh, no.  

Today was one of those days where I was reminded that there is A LOT that I don't know.  

And then I went to lunch with a group celebrating our friend and the upcoming birth of her new baby girl.  We asked for the beautifully decorated cake with Baby Girl written on the top to be served for dessert.  Our very attentive waiters brought the cake with a candle and proceeded to sing Happy Birthday at the top of their lungs.  


I guess it's appropriate......in an interesting kind of way!  

Today was one of those days where I was reminded that I am merely a visitor in a country that is not my own.  

Tonight I helped pack Garrett for a weekend long campout in another country.  I then listened as Nathan told me about an issue on the bus home today where he had to physically hold back a kid from hitting another kid until counselors intervened.

Today was one of those days where I was reminded that my boys are quickly growing up and I have very mixed emotions about that.  

I'm signing off for the weekend that includes a Saturday where miraculously, Scot and I have an entire day all to ourselves.  

Tomorrow I will be reminded of how much I love spending time with my man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative