June 04, 2009

Babies, Shipleys, and Sonic

I have several things to share, so bear with me here.  I am going to try very hard to keep this short and sweet!

First of all, I just want to thank all of you for your response to the last post.  To say I was nervous about posting it, is a complete and total understatement.  I was totally overwhelmed by the number of you who commented on the blog, on Facebook or in an email.....seems I struck a nerve with that one!  It is nice to know that even though many of you have not been through my exact struggle, the battle with the idea of Perfect is one I am not alone in fighting.  

One response that knocked me off of my feet was from Liz Jordan.  She is a DJ for our Christian radio station here in Houston and we have followed each other's blogs for some time.  This chick is cool!  Every thing about her is cool......she's young, godly, gorgeous, edgy, and she's dating an incredible man.  When I started hearing from some of her "peeps", I went to her blog and found this.  Um, yeah.  You know when someone you admire, but is totally out of your league, gives you a compliment.......or even says "hi" to you?  You know how you say something totally stupid, get a splotchy red neck, and walk away kicking yourself for your choice of words? I was speechless, but very honored by her comments.  Liz, you are way at the top of my list of people I would love to have a great meal with!  Have your people call my people........my people being my boys, but it's still fun to say!  heehee  Oh, and I totally covet that puppy of yours!

This last week has been full.  A little of this:


(No, that is not a tumor on the back of my head......it was very dirty hair and 
a 13 hour old ponytail)

Meet Zane, the most perfect baby ever created!  When we lived in Florida we went to an incredible church and I have the honor of being very, very, very good friends with the pastor's wife. I count it as an honor to be entrusted with her heart.......it can be a tough job being the pastor's wife in a large church.  It was fun to be back and to visit with friends....they have 7 services in a weekend (we only went to 4) so there was LOTS of  opportunity to see people. This weekend was Zane's baby dedication.

Baby dedication outfit of choice?  Ed Hardy T-shirt and jeans.
Zane and big sis, Victoria

Big brother, Charlie.  Got an award for Coolest Hair at school
this year.  He signed an autograph for my boys.

Out to dinner with friends......Deana, me, and Lisa.

I also got to visit with my friend I refer to as Model Misty.  I knew Misty when I lived there, but have enjoyed our growing friendship since I've been gone!  She has a great blog and it has been fun watching God use her in some very exciting ways!

Thank you, Scot, for another weekend away and for being so generous with your frequent flier miles!  It makes up for the many, many, many weeks of being a single mom when he was traveling the world all those years.

Yesterday was the last day of school!!  It started out like this:

Getting everyone all sugared up for the last day!

And ended like this:



Free Root Beer Floats at Sonic after hours of swimming.  We went at 10:00 that night
and there were people everywhere!   We made sure to park on the "cool people" side.

Ok, that's it for now.  I tried to keep it short since experts I know (ahem, Lisa) prefer short blog entries.........

One more thing for those of you who want to ask, but feel bad.  First of all, it never bothers me when people ask about Scot's job situation.  It honestly doesn't!!  Still a couple of opportunities out there......he has another meeting next Wednesday for a job he is excited about.  Keep us in your prayers!  God is good and His timing is Perfect!  I totally believe that.


4 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you even though for such a short time. You always have such a good vibe and energy about you that it rubs off onto others.

    Glad you made it out and will better plan it next time so I can spend more time with the girls.

    And as for the 13 hour old ponytail....I know some girls work very hard to get that full push/bump in 15 minute old hair. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! So glad you got another time-out. How cute is that little Zane?!

    Jealous that school is out -- Cella's last day is tomorrow.

    xoxo from the Linebargers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We finished today! So great you get to travel & be there for the important stuff. Glad you are back & looking forward to hearing about your bible study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfectly wonderful trip to see your friends. Glad you were able to go.

    I really wish I could come to your Bible Study...have you thought about Skypeing it out to us???

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative