March 31, 2010

Overwhelmed

My courageous and strong persona is starting to get some stress fractures.

We have kinda sold the house. The realtor for the buyer isn't the most "with it" fellow so until he gets all the paperwork done and earnest money submitted, it isn't official. I met the buyers when they came by yesterday because they wanted to look at items we might be interested in selling. Of course, I didn't find this out until I met the realtor, who was sitting in front of my house after giving me a whopping 30 minute notice they were coming. He told me the purpose of the visit and I suggested I stick around because......ummmmm......this isn't Macy's and I thought MAYBE it would be helpful if I actually TOLD the buyers what we were selling. I guess they were going to just walk around and pick out what they liked??

The good news is that I really like the people buying our home. The bad news is that while sitting upstairs watching The Biggest Loser last night, it finally hit me that someone new was going to be moving in to my home in about 6 weeks. My home, the one I really love. The one that has seen its share of fun, laughter, tears, frustration, and prayer.....oh my, the prayers that have filled this house. I just can't even think about it.

It is all becoming very, very real. They want to close mid May which means we'll be moving into a hotel for about 5 weeks. Our furniture will have already been shipped off or sold which means we need to live somewhere that is already furnished.

Weekends are filling up and I am putting off the monumental task of packing for as long as I can. What to ship? What to pack for 2 months until we get to Singapore? What to store? What to sell?

What to do with all these emotions?

4 comments:

  1. Lay them at the throne...but I know you already are:) Praying for you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's along the same line as your hubby calling you at 330pm and asking you to come home because he's got somebody coming by and we need to sign papers. Papers? For what?? "Oh, I kinda sold the house today." WHAT?! Who does that?!?! The wonderful most fabulous man I married, that's who;-) The only benefit this brought was that we moved too quickly for me to have much time to sit and think...otherwise I think I may have backed out. Any chance you'll reconsider? Kidding. Kinda;-)

    But I totally understand the process. We have actually built a new home, sold, and built again 4 times now. Each time I think I am a little more attached to the house. But then a thought always comes to me that yes, this house has held many memories and moments, holidays and haphazards, like and love, and yes, some other people are now going to make their own memories here. But their memories aren't going to cause ours to dim a bit. In fact, it just makes them sweeter. So relish those memories, girl! Roll around in them and shed some tears on them if you want! But take them with you in your heart and know without a doubt that you are going to make many, many more no matter where you are. And the sting does fade, I promise;-)

    PS- If you live in a hotel, does that mean you don't have to COOK or CLEAN?! Oh yes, I can find the bright side in anything! Love you, girl!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just more prayer Momma- give it up to God- you know that!!

    I will add you to my payers as well- I know this is overwhelming but such an exciting adventure for your family!! Take it one day at a time!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still in denial...but still praying for you during this time! Love love love you dearly

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative