April 11, 2011

It's all in the timing


And.....I'm back.

Despite numerous attempts at a nice and neat explanation for my lack of blogging, I can't come up with anything. A little bit of laziness, a little bit being overwhelmed with so much I want to say and not knowing where to start, and probably a little (or a lot) of pride that makes me feel like if I can't produce something epic I shouldn't even try at all. So I just shut down for a bit.

Basically, I need to get over myself. That happens a lot. I get a little worked up over myself and need a good swift kick in the hiney to get me grounded again so I can move on.

So....moving on.

Everyone is in countdown mode here. 6 weeks until school is out and as Scot will say, "Seconds later Keri and the boys will be on the plane". That's not exactly true....it's more like 24 hours after school lets out we will be kissing Scot good-bye for 7 weeks and heading to the states.

You know, where I plan on wearing a red shirt every single day so even when I'm not actually shopping at Target, I'm thinking about it. And then there's Chuys where I plan on knowing the waitstaff by name and Sonic......where my rental car will automatically pull in at 3:00 every single hot summer day we are there for a Route 44 Diet Coke with fresh lime in it.

Then there's the Mall. Mall and I do not have a very good relationship as I don't enjoy spending time actually nurturing the relationship. However, after a year of wearing the same clothes day in and day out with no real shopping options, I'm thinking the Mall and I are going to be very, very good friends.

Ahhhhh......I can almost smell the fresh Houston air.

*Cough* *Cough*

Or not.

In looking ahead at 6 busy and fun weeks before leaving Singapore I have decided to engage myself in a couple of challenges.

1. I need to get into tip-top Ultra-Support Tankini shape. I have been running more often which is awesome until you nosedive into insane amounts of chocolate before the sweat has barely had time to dry. So.....I am trying the no wheat, no sugar, no dairy thing and seeing how that works. Today is day One so don't hold your breath folks.

2. To further the progress of aforementioned "getting over myself", I have decided to try blogging every single weekday for the next 6 weeks. I am probably crazy for even trying, but this is the kind of thing we do around here to keep things exciting. That and walking into clothing stores just to see the salespeople break out in a sweat at the thought of trying to find something to fit this 5'11" frame of mine.

I am so tempted to write more! But alas (Don't you love that word? I'm using it in honor of our upcoming royal wedding), I need to save something to write about tomorrow, and the next day, and the next because I may have just bitten off something more than I can chew.

You know how much I love pictures so let me leave you with a good one. This is not for the faint of heart so I will give those with a weak stomach time to turn away.


Ok....consider yourself warned!!




This is a shot of a poor little fella that didn't have his timing down right. Like when you're 4 and you're trying to negotiate the timing of not getting taken out when running in front of other kids swinging on the swingset. He looks like he was at a dead run when the door slammed. See the look of shock in his eyes?

We left him where he was in the doorframe into Scot's office to serve as a warning to others. Just recently he has been moved to his eternal resting place. Rest in peace my fine reptile friend.

It's going to be an interesting 6 weeks!!

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to each and every one of them;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you!! I know you leave sweet comments on my blog and all, but it's not the same!

    Sooooo excited about your 30 days of blogging!! You can do it!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! I am looking forward to more posts...but not more pictures like that one....

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, totally did NOT see that coming. I KNEW I should have turned away...it's just that morbid curiosity thing that kept me scrolling down. Ack. That is gross. Almost as gross as the frog that got splattered all over our cabin window after the boys tied, yes tied, it to a bottlerocket and lit the thing...flew up and over the rail of the deck of the cabin and splat! Right onto our big beautiful picture window. Nice. Maybe our little reptile friends are sitting in reptile heaven right now, each talking about their tragic demise. I am laughing out loud now, thanks;-)

    And the RUNNING!!!! Girl, you have won my heart! You need a medal!! Good for you! And chocolate totally tastes better after a good sweat...not that I eat it anymore, but I remember. It makes it SO WORTH IT;-)

    I am so excited to see that you are coming back home for 7 weeks! It's funny because it's not like we will get to meet or see each other while you're here, but I KNOW there's a better chance of it happening when you're home than when you're in Singapore! Ha! So blog away sister, and count down the days until we are closer, er, I mean, until you're home surrounded by Target, Sonic, the Mall, and Chuys. One 5'11" girl to another: I'm glad you're back;-)

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative