April 27, 2012

Dying Brain Cells

Today has been one of those days where I feel like I've been home for brief 4 minute increments of water and potty breaks in between outings.  It's one of those days that has been so random you aren't sure if you accomplished a lot or nothing at all.

I went with a friend to take her two toy poodles for Rabies shots in preparation of their move to Dallas in June.

I went to lunch with a friend at a Greek restaurant that has the most amazing salad known to man.

I went to Bible study for 54 minutes because that's all the time we had before rushing off to meet kids at home.

I drug Nathan on an errand to drop off paperwork and then bribed him with Starbucks to run another errand that ended up being a wild goose chase even though he busted out his Mandarin trying to assist his frustrated mother in asking for directions.  I love it when he does that......purely for the expression on people's faces because it's so unexpected.

I sat down by our back fence waiting on Garrett to get home from school on the activity bus.  His card to get in the gate is broken and I'm currently in negotiations with the office at our apts over whose responsibility it is to replace the key card when it no longer works.  I am most definitely going to lose that argument in a passive agressive manner that people here seem to have perfected.

I went to dinner with my men to a restaurant Nathan researched online as part of his 5th grade Singapore history project.  He purposefully chose a location that is now known for housing many restaurants and hosting live bands.  He purposefully did not choose a museum.  My DNA most definitely flows through that boy's body.

I am writing this incredibly boring blog post that has no real substanance or meaning because of a crazy 5 week/6 day challenge I clearly felt the need to begin.

I will be putting on comfy clothes and my glasses, grabbing my computer and heading to a friend's house to pull together some end of the year events before everyone disperses for the summer.

I will then fall into bed and watch the American Idol results show in 12 minutes since the results end up on my Yahoo news feed before I ever get a chance to watch.  I'm still in mourning over Colten getting the boot.

As self-focused and silly as this post is, I must leave you with 3 of my favorite taxi memories from this year.

1.  This happened today........a taxi where the driver watched his show more than the road.  From what I could tell it was a Chinese version of CSI and we almost died running into the back of another taxi.  After I picked my purse up off the floor and dug around for the change and lipstick that had fallen out when we went from 50 kmh to 0 kmh in 2 seconds, we were off again without a word being said.  I guarantee I left DNA behind in that taxi.



2.  The most blinged out taxi I've been in and he was super, super proud of his ride.  This picture doesn't do it justice....the lights, the upholstery, the variety of candy in random plastic boxes.



3.  I LOVED this guy.  I have loads and loads of video of him but this is just a small snippet.  I so wish I could have understood what he said because he talked and laughed for about 30 minutes before realizing I was taping him and that was the end of that.


I have nothing meaningful or deep to say except this is what Doing Life looks like around here on many a day.

1 comment:

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative